I am a part of National Novel Writing Month, otherwise known as nanowrimo. Nanowrimo also has what they call camp nanowrimo. The national novel writing month is November when you write a 50,000 word novel and submit it, if you can reach 50,000 words. Camp nanowrimo is basically the same things, except it's the month of April. I'm thinking for camp nanowrimo I will write a book called Remember Ariel, but a part of me thinks I should just stick with Blue Jay.
Last year I tried to write a book called Invisible for national novel writing month, but I only reached 6,000 some words. I had invented the characters and the bad guy, but I hadn't thought out the plot and therefore it didn't get very far. Although, I have not learned my lesson. I know about the characters of Blue Jay, but very little about the plot, or anything at all about the plot. The same with Remember Ariel. Remember Ariel is a book idea I've come up with by combining all my ideas for different books into one. I think it could be really good if I devoted my time to it.
So, I'm going to share my little synopsis of Remember Ariel in hope of some feedback. I would like your opinion on whether or not I should pursue writing Remember Ariel while I'm still writing Blue Jay. Now, I have written two novels at one time before, but then, those are novels I've never finished. Blue Jay is really slow going because I need to know the plot, but I don't. I fear Blue Jay is dying a slow death and I'd rather not have that happen. I already have at least three people that I know of reading it, I don't want to leave them in a cliff hanger forever.
Any suggestions on plot ideas, which book to write, what I might rename Blue Jay? (I'm looking to rename Blue Jay, I can't remember if I told you that or not) Just anything that might be helpful at this point.
Here is the synopsis for Remember Ariel: Ariel and her father are taken from their home and brought into the capital city. In the City Ariel is separated from her father and due to a government experiment she loses her memory. A small group of teenagers in a situation similar to her own enlist her help to uncover their corrupt government's secrets. There's more to the book than that, but I'm terrible at writing a synopsis that really tells the reader what my book is about.
Thanks for reading my ramblings, I know I started rambling at some point up there. :)
Synopsis sounds great. What about committing to write for a certain amount of time each day, instead of for a particular book? You could then split your time or focus only on the one you feel like that day.
ReplyDelete