Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Resplendentruth

I'm following the blog Resplendentruth and when I read her post "See the Beauty" I wanted to share it with others. I already posted this, but was then reminded by my mother that I should have asked her if I could share her post on my blog. So I deleted it, emailed her and now that I have her permission I'm sharing the post again. I thought I should explain that for those of you who read the post, then saw it vanished and reappear.
Look around you. Maybe there’s a window nearby. Look out of it. What do you see? Do you see the vast sky, or at least a small section of it? Do you see trees?
Beauty lies everywhere. This world, and even the things outside it are amazing. A simple flower, petals so perfectly shaped, the color crisp and bright. Beautiful.
The sky, so brilliantly blue, full of bright streams of sunshine. Trees reach their waving branches up into the air providing a wonderful, vivid contrast of color.
Petrichor. A wonderful word to describe the wonderful smell of the earth after rain. Fresh. Beautiful.
The feeling of warm sun touching your skin in an invisible embrace. The sun touches the earth, providing warmth and light, and yet, if it were any closer, we would burn up. If it were any farther away, we would freeze. The perfect distance for life.
Even beyond the earth and the wonderful things on it, planets hang in the emptiness, each striking in size and color. At this point, we are barely a speck on the surface of a vast and beautiful planet. But, head further out to see even greater wonders, thousands of light years away, a distance I can’t even fathom – the distance light travels in a year. We see galaxies and trillions of stars, all shining brightly in perfect beauty.
Galaxy M106, 25 million light years away.

The M106 Galaxy
Go a little further out, 28 million light years, and you will find The Sombrero Galaxy. It is 50,000 light years across.

The Sombrero Galaxy
20 million light years away is the Whirlpool Galaxy or the M51 Galaxy. The Nucleus of this galaxy holds something amazing.

The Center of the Whirlpool Galaxy
According to the Hubble site, “the galaxy is spectacular because it is tilted nearly face-on to Earth, allowing for an unobstructed view of its the bright core.”
Stunning. A perfect picture of God’s love and power.
Yet, even with all this beauty and great feats of workmanship around us, we get caught up in the things of life. We are weighted down and simply forget to look at the wonders around us.
It’s so easy to take for granted the world around us, and to walk around without a constant sense of wonder.
I would challenge you to take a few minutes to look. Simply look. See the wonder. See the beauty. Look for God’s fingerprints on His creation. And above all, realize how great your creator is. Realize that if He made this world, and even the things outside of it thousands of light years away, he can take care of you. He is bigger than anything that you can even imagine. And He loves you.
Don’t take it for granted. Look for the beauty in everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment